Friday, June 3, 2011

Middle mouse button on HP Pavilion dv6258se

(HP DV6000 series)


Incredible! After almost freak me out and lose all my hair, I found a web forum that brought a helpful information of how to enable middle mouse button function on my Synaptics TrackPad.

I have a HP Pavilion dv6258se notebook and would like to, sometimes, work with Maya without a necessity of bring with me one hundred gadgets. I'd just want to use a middle mouse function in my TrackPad. After run into thousands useless posts answers (people saying "just use a 3 button mouse" or "my notebook just already have a function enabled with both left and right buttons") I found a tip that almost worked. This article suggest you to use an AutoHotKey script to detect when left and right mouse button are pressed simultaneously. This worked pretty well with Google Chorme, but in Maya this solution wasn't working. I don't know exactly why, but I kept on searching another solution. After several days, I found this reply at notebookreview.com and there is a suggestion to create a register key that solves the problem. Ok, I confess that I was totally afraid of to create a register key an make my windows never startup again. After a couple of days looking for more suggestions, I tested this solution and guess what? This register key solution worked to me! Here is:


Goto the run command and enter "regedit" without quotes. Then browse to the following:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Synaptics\SynTP\Defaults\ -- create the key as a DWORD 'HasBothButtonFeature' and set the value to 1.

Log off and login and middle click will start working. It works with any laptop make with synaptics on it.


Fantastic! Now I have a middle mouse button working in my notebook! :D

No comments: